Hot Spots & Irritated Skin:
Pet parents must pay close attention to environmental, dietary and situational ailments irritating your pet’s skin such as: allergies, fleas, tick bites, matted/thick/dirty coats, sun burn, wet dogs, or anal sac disease. These ailments can cause you pet to chew, lick, bite, and scratch those areas – at times – to no avail, which can become very painful and dangerous for your pet. Sometimes chewing can even be prompted by boredom. Hot spots and inflammation can occur quite rapidly after a pet starts itching, biting and licking these affected areas – which will prompt the development of painful, red, and moist irritated lesions. These lesions are called hot spots, also known as acute moist dermatitis, and must be treated immediately.
Tips For Preventing Hot Spots:
- Groom your dog regularly and keep hair clipped short.
- Use flea & tick products recommended by your vet.
- Keep your pet active and healthy. Feed a good diet, and provide lots of exercise and play time to prevent boredom.
- Dry your pet completely after a bath, and clean and dry pet after a swim in the lake or ocean.
It’s important to determine the cause of the underlying issue, thus you should consult your veterinarian if hot spots become a persistent problem. In between vet visits, , Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief line provides Hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid to control itching and inflammation while Lidocaine, an OTC analgesic reduces pain.
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray provides medicated analgesic and anti-inflammatory rapid relief of inflammation, pruitis (itchy skin) and associated conditions.
- Relieves skin conditions and hot spots. Common causes are weakened immune system, allergies and insect bites.
- Symptoms of these conditions are itchy, swollen, redness, warm/hot to the touch, moist, bloody and sometimes pus.
- Allantoin helps stimulate healing of wounds.
- Lidocaine relieves itching, burning and pain from skin inflammations. Hydrocortisone: reduces the cause of inflammation, redness and swelling.
- Use with Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Shampoo & Conditioner for a comprehensive solution.